Items in the Athol Collection Collection
View of the larger plant of the Athol Machine Co. located along the original foundry on South Street. Laroy S. Starrett began his industrial enterprises with the manufacturing of a household chopping machine called "the hasher".
Lee Brothers Shoe Company began in 1850. The company moved to the white wood building at the corner of Main and Exchange Streets, left, in 1858. Expansion to company buildings continued and ended with the brick building, shown, in 1910.
View of Starrett Tools new factory located on the Millers River. Started by Laroy S. Starrett in 1880, the tool company produces measuring instruments and precision tools and has been a leader in the field for many decades.
View of Union Twist Drill Company, Athol's second largest industry by 1930. Started by a group of business men in 1905 with the manufacturing of metal cutting tools. The business continued to operate until the mid 1980's. In the foreground is the…
View of the Academy of Music building, located on Exchange Street in Athol. Built in 1892, by Lucien Lord, to provide a large area for town meetings, dances, political rallies, etc, this building no longer stands.
- C/W MARS
- Athol Collection