Schools--Massachusetts--Blackstone; Elementary schools--Massachusetts--Blackstone; Historic buildings--Massachusetts--Blackstone; Historic buildings--New England; Architecture--United States--19th century; Blackstone (Mass.)--History--Pictorial works
The Waterford school was constructed in 1865 by Welcome Farnum, mill owner. It was a two story wooden building on a raised granite block foundation. Shutters were at each of the six over six pane windows. A cupola on the roof held a bell to call children to school. The building consisted of four large classrooms.
From the collection of the Blackstone Historical Commission, Blackstone, Massachusetts
“Waterford School,” Digital Commonwealth , accessed June 19, 2013, http://digitalcommonwealth.org/items/show/117.