Dams--Massachusetts--Blackstone; Blackstone River--Massachusetts; Blackstone--History--Pictorial works
Rolling Dam also called Roaring Dam was built by town resident Daniel Simmons in 1886. The Blackstone Manufacturing Co. wanted a new dam to replace an old earthen dam that formed a reservoir. This reservoir supplied the mill with water. Located at the end of County Street in Blackstone just above the river gorge.
From the collection of the Blackstone Historical Commission, Blackstone, Massachusetts
“Rolling Dam,” Digital Commonwealth , accessed March 7, 2014, http://digitalcommonwealth.org/items/show/119.