School buildings -- Massachusetts -- Watertown.; Public schools -- Massachusetts -- Watertown.; High School -- Massachusetts -- Watertown.;
Original Watertown High School, fronting on Common Street, established in 1853 with large addition seen on rear. This later became the Philips School in 1912 when a new high school was built and was demolished in 1936 to make way for the present Phillips School building. The large addition that comprises 2/3 of the right side of the building was built in 1872 and designed by Charles Brigham -taken from Spring Street looking toward Mount Auburn Street.
Watertown Free Public Library
Management Restrictions apply. See application form at http://watertownlib.org/research/historic-watertown/photographs
“Phillips School.,” Digital Commonwealth , accessed May 24, 2013, http://digitalcommonwealth.org/items/show/53230.