Monuments -- Watertown -- Massachusetts.; Historic sites -- Watertown -- Massachusetts.; Carnes, William W. -- 1905-1991;
Inscription on Galen Street Bridge over the Charles River reads, "This river called the Massachusetts by Capt. John Smith A.D. 1614 was named the Charles by Prince Charles A.D. 1616." Photo by William W. Carnes.
Carnes, William W.
Watertown Free Public Library
Management Restrictions apply. See application form at http://watertownlib.org/research/historic-watertown/photographs
Carnes, William W., “Charles River,” Digital Commonwealth , accessed May 25, 2013, http://digitalcommonwealth.org/items/show/53537.